25 improvements suggested to Facebook.
25 things to make Facebook better
There are at least 25 improvements we would like to suggest to Facebook. While we are happy users, there are still small annoying limitations that could be improved.
- Group Feed. In spite that there are millions of groups and the average user belongs to several dozens of groups, there is yet no effective way to monitor the groups. A group feed of the groups you belong to would take care part of the problem.
- Add friends to your different lists while looking at their profiles.
- Custom feed when opening Home. Before the change in which Home opens with Top News with the ability to wobble to Most Recent, I could have the feed of selected friends show when opening Facebook.
- Download the emails of your friends
- Possible to write more than 20 friends at the time.
- Send a friend request to fans of pages you manage
- Send friend requests to members of groups that you manage
- Upload sound files that would play on your Page.
- See Friends Status in a list, which also include the hidden friends.
- Able to edit lists of friends in Home as well as in Profile.
- A filter to be able to hide texts like ‘X became a fan of Y’ or ‘X became friend of Y’ or ‘X joined to group of Y.
- Search for your friends in geographic area and then a function to select all to add to a list or create a new list.
Send personal event invites to all of your friends at once w/o receiving a SPAM warning.
- Option to comment like yourself to your fan page. So when I comment to Kolibri Expeditions Fan page, it will show as Gunnar Engblom is commenting (or other admin person) rather than the long SEO optimized Kolibri Expeditions Birdwatching Tours – Birding Peru.
- Search function for your own wall and for home feed for keywords on topics that interest me as well as being able to find stuff that you enjoyed in the past.
- Taking this search engine further with multi-level search for example categories, friends or not, country, etc
- Better analytics for Facebook Pages.
- In Peru availability to advertise by cities and nearby, just as you can in other countries.
- Polls built within Facebook, not as an app people need to accept for it to be able to work.
- Commenting with video within FriendFeed and Google Buzz.
- Drag and drop for images, files and videos.
- Voice and Video Chat not only text
- Searchable Chat like on Messenger and Skype
- To be able to see Fans in alphabetic orders, not only in the order they signed up.
- Your suggestion! Please leave comment below. Which should be the 25th improvement that could be done to Facebook?
300 million Facebook users all over the world
If you help Retweet, share on Facebook and Google Buzz and use all sorts of bookmarking services such as Digg, Stumble Upon and Delicious, maybe before we know it, Facebook will notice and listen. Just use the various button below . Thanks!
Thanks to Janet Zinn, Gyorgy Szimuly, Jill Routh Rucker, Debbie Blair and especially Daniel Falcon for helping me coming up with so many suggestions on how Facebook could become better. Also thanks to Grahame Boath, Kim Allen, Peter Gustas, Cathy McArthur and Chris West for additional discussion.