Yesterday, I posted the news about the forthcoming (Start Jan 10) Social Media workshop for birders. It wasn’t the immediate success I had anticipated, because birders at large still don’t understand why social media will be so important. I re-wrote several paragraphs and added some more justification. Check it out!
Well, we still need more people to sign up!
Spread the word
Social Media is all about sharing. If you share on your Twitter and Facebook and write a Blog post about the workshop I”ll give you a FREE trip to Peru!
Errrr, what was that? I have already given away 21 trips? There is not business if I give away all the time? Right, but it just feels so right to give when it has just been Christmas and all.
But I tell you what: If you share on your Twitter and Facebook and write a Blog post about the workshop I”ll give you a FREE slot to participate in the workshop! How’s that?
Errrr! It is already free for anyone to participate? So what it the business in that then?
How can it be free?
The equation does not seem to work, but the way I see it, if we get 1000 participants we will all gain:
- traffic to our blogs
- more connections when we want to go birding near and far
- tips on new birding gadgets
- recommended great birding articles by other birders
- Identification help at hand for photos of mystery birds. There will always be someone that knows someone that knows!
Traffic to my blog is my principal motive for doing this for free.
I should do a disclaimer so here it is.
You got be sincere about what you try to do. So I spit it out right here.
- I will not use the workshop to sell birding trips to you. There shall be NO links to my tours in the Social Media posts. The emails that are sent out will NOT contain any links to pages that are not relevant to the workshop
- The emails of the people participating will never be revealed to a third party, nor will there be any tour offers generated by the same email list. The emails will NOT be added to my unsolicited email list of birders. This list is being faced out as the spam filters are too effective and the mailing list provider don’t allow for unsolicited email.
- When referring to books and other 3rd party services, I WILL use affilate systems if they exist. In the case of books the affiliate system of Amazon.com will be used. This will not get me rich! I have made $US 15 on Amazon since March 2009. I figure, if I mention a book link in one of my blogs I may as well earn something (beer money), but no-one in the birding blog sphere is making any substantial money on affiliate sales to other birders. Birders don’t get rich on blogging!
- I WILL invite everyone to opt-in for my regular newsletter or my blog by email or RSS.
- I MAY offer an e-book in the end.
But with that disclaimer, the workshop is still FREE and there is no other hidden agenda
Now spread the word, please!
If you share on your Twitter and Facebook and write a Blog post about the workshop I will be forever grateful, and I’ll buy you a beer for all that affiliate money I shall be making:-)
Seriously, I would appreciate all the help I can get. I have prepered a few banners you can use in your blog post and side column.
200 x 220 px
480 x 140 px
If you share on your Twitter and Facebook and write a Blog post about the workshop I will also post a link on my Facebook and make a Tweet referring to your blog.
Here is the link again.