We offer the unique option of tiered pricing to fit you budget and comfort. From the upscale Marvelous Spatuletail Option, the most popular mid-level Kolibri Expeditions Pro, and finally for those who like to rough it the Backpacker. We also have a range of full and half day tours and are currently the only birding company that offers regular Paracas Pelagics. We are also a leader in Custom Tours which are priced on request. All prices are based on per-person sharing from the starting point of the tour. For pricing for groups of over 5 people please ask us for details.
The pricing at the bottom of this pages serves as a guideline of the baseline price for our services with standard hotels included according to the price category of the tour. Tours that contain many lodges will have slightly higher per day charges depending on the price of the lodge.
If requested we will supply you with price quotes for overall price including flights and other services. Such price quotes are valid for a period of 14 days after receipt. Outside of this period, prices are subject to change without notice.
Marvelous Spatuletail Tours: Our deluxe programs, for the comfort minded birder who wants personal service and high quality lodging, without losing the core birding goals.
Kolibri Expeditions´ Pro. This is our classic program that has been markedly improved over the years as infrastructure has got better. Lodging is comfortable, but may lack some private ammenities and upmarket options.
Prices for the above options include:
- 3 meals a day: Breakfast and lunch are mostly served in the field to maximize birding time and a hot cooked meal at night. Drinks are not included in Pro and Backpacker programs MST tours include 2 drinks/pers/day.
- Treated water always available in the field to reduce overly depending on disposable plastic bottles.
- Accommodation: In good hotels for MST Tours and basic hotels for Kolibri Pro or camping for the backpackers. Hotels in larger cities have private ablutions and hot water.
- Transport: Comfortable van depending on group size, and occasionally when location demands, 4 wheel drive trucks.
- Birding guides: You will be guided by very experienced leaders. The leader may be supplemented by local guides and an auxiliary guide if group size is larger than 8.
- Driver: Separate drivers ensures that long distances will be covered efficiently. The guide can concentrate on the guiding.
- Cook: Your driver or a designated cook will prepare the food for you while you and your guide will concentrate on the birding.
- NOTE: Entrance fees are only included in MST programs and where specifically mentioned
Full and Half Day Trips. These short trips are available from most major travel destinations in Peru. See Day Tours.
Pelagic Trips. Due to new maritime regulations Pelagic trips can no longer be conducted from Lima and now a conducted from Paracas 200km south.. A minimum of 7 passengers is required at $300 per-person plus port taxes of ± $15.00. A trip with fewer people can be run but with a significant surcharge.
Do it yourself. Kolibri DIY. Rent one of our vehicles with an experienced driver. This comes out remarkably inexpensive. Rent the a van with our driver who knows where the birds are for $270/day. Includes: cooking utensils, cooking gas, chairs and tables. Our driver also cooks the food you buy to be served in the field. We provide checklists, make bookings for you and help you with birding strategy and information. Not Included: Gas (petrol), drivers expenses at $30/day paid directly to the driver.
Groups and customized trips. If you belong to a small party and want to create your own customized trip almost anything is possible. We can in many cases give you additional discounts, especially if you allow us to add more people to your group. For groups of 8 people or more there will be an additional guide assigned to the group.